Visit Warwick for the first of a kind Vintage Carnival this Summer on Sunday 3rd July with local businesses, visitors and traders celebrating stepping back in time to embrace all things vintage.
Dress up for the day in your Sunday best whether it be roaring 20's or 50's glamour whichever is your era of choice. Take part in a best dressed competition judged by the Mayor of Warwick. This will take place outside the Le Keux hair salon in the market square at 2pm.
With something for everyone either reminiscing, taking part in a lindyhop dance class or enjoying a classic cream tea whilst listening to some of our Vintage singers the event is for all ages.
A full carnival theme featuring old fashioned fairground rides, pre 70's cars and motorcycles on display, a retail area of 50 produce, gift, clothing, jewellery and accessories, homeware and vintage ware stalls alongside delicious street food, drink and local produce traders as well as pop up bars, many serving from beautiful converted vintage vehicles.
A live central stage will host singers, dancers and bands playing classic vintage tunes.
Admire a selection of English and American classic cars and bikes ranging from a Cadillac Coupe Deville to an MG TD, Pima County sherrif car, Austin Seven to a Riley convertible showcased by their proud owners. BSA Motorcycle club are joining us to display some vintage motorcycles.
Fancy getting glammed up on the day and trying a new look?
Have a Vintage style makeover such as Victory Rolls, Faux bangs or hair bows at the pop up Le Keux Vintage salon. Based at Zellig partner of the Custard Factory in Birmingham the salon is in town for one day doing hair styles, make up whilst selling wares such as vintage clothing and hair accessories. You can book an appointment at the vintage carnival by emailing email@example.com or turn up on the day for a walk in appointment. Le Keux specialise in parties and Hen do's so speak to Lynsey on the day to discuss any requirements.
Have your face painted or decorated in glitter by Make My Events Sparkle.
Take a ride on a land steam train situated in the centre of Warwick on 200m of track.
Bring along your pampered pooch as we are a dog friendly event and the Dog Deli will be selling treats.
Enjoy a huge selection of food from classic tray bakes, take a set for a cream tea at the Moreton travelling tea rooms, to modern street food, sip a cocktail at a pop up bar or converted vehicle bar and enjoy listening to the sounds on the full sized stage as you step back in time.
The stage line up (timings subject to change)
- 10:00 - 11:00hrs Warwickshire Rock and Rollers - Warwickshire Rock and Rollers are a friendly group who meet for jive lessons and social dancing on Tuesdays at Dorothea Mitchell Hall, Claverdon. All welcome, including beginners and advanced dancers, no partner necessary. Contact Bopping Brian on 07956 245711.
- 11:00hrs -12noon - Echoes Acoustic Duo - vocalists and musicians performing vintage songs from 1920’s to 1960’s Echoes are a brother and sister duo, singing up and down the country. Acoustic, with a twist! Taking on well-known and beloved classics in a modern and fresh style, like never heard before! They’re sure to keep you dancing and singing along.
- 12noon - 13:00hrs - The Swing Era - dancers performing and encouraging audience participation. 10 dance routines to 10 classic songs. The Swing Era is an exciting vibrant dance school in Birmingham with a passion for vintage lindy hop and authentic swing dance music. The Swing Era caters for its large, friendly and passionate community of diverse dancers by offering 6-week courses, drop-in classes, private lessons, day workshops in swing dance and authentic jazz, performance groups, regular socials, live music and annual festivals including Stomp Stomp at Swingamajig and Birmingham Swing Festival.
- 13:00hrs - 14:00hrs - The Swing Era - The experienced dancers and instructors performing and teaching the audience, take part in a taster dance class 45 minute session.
- 14:00 hrs - 14.15 hrs - Mayor judging best dressed competition located by Le Keux Salon in Market Square.
- 14:15hrs - 15:15hrs Boogaloo Babes - Quartet performing vintage classic songs and dance lessons to the public. These four good friends have a passion for singing, entertaining, glamour, and all things vintage!
- 15:30hrs - 16:30hrs - Franny Delight - A vintage singer, performing songs from the 1920s, 30s, 40s 50s 60s, as well as modern day songs in a vintage way. Known for her authentic style, covers a variety of classic songs by Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and many more to bring all-round entertainment that will transport you back to those glamorous times and unforgettable songs to sing along and tap your feet to.
- 16.30 hrs- 17.00 hrs- Warwickshire Rock and Rollers - Warwickshire Rock and Rollers are back on stage for more Jiving!
COVID-19 NOTICE - The safety of our traders and visitors and those working at our Markets & Events remains our top priority. We ask that people remain respectful to each other, and we encourage sensible choices when visiting us. We encourage visitors to make payment by card or contactless wherever possible, respect one another's personal space and maintain good hand hygiene.
Local Car Parks
Barrack Street Car Park, Warwick, CV34 4TH
New Street Car Park, Warwick, CV34 4RX
West Rock Car Park, Warwick, CV34 4DZ
Cape Road Car Park, Warwick, CV34 4UN
Coventry Building Society, 17 Old Square, Warwick, CV34 4RU
Lloyds Bank, 12 Swan Street, Warwick, CV34 4BJ
From special events to our regular local markets, there's always something exciting happening at CJ's Events Warwickshire.
Have a look at our upcoming events to see what's on this week, or click View all Events to find out what else we've got planned.
Just click on an event to get more information, including the location, who's trading and other key details for planning your trip.View all Events