Kenilworth Food Festival is taking place this coming Sunday, 22nd July. The weather is looking great with highs of 27° here are some tips to help you survive it!
- Know the signs of dehydration – headache, nausea, dizziness, dark yellow or brown urine
- Quench your thirst with water or juice before drinking alcohol and between alcoholic drinks
- A large number of our traders sell bottled water, along with a number of High Street shops on Warwick Road
- Regular sips of water are better than one large volume
- Wear sunglasses, loose fitting cotton clothing and a sunhat with a wide brim to allow plenty of shade
- Remember to put on sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15 for adults – SPF 30 is better! Children's skin is much more sensitive than adults' and they need the extra protection of SPF 30 or more. Carry your sunscreen with you around the festival site to top it up, and make sure it's used on any areas of skin that are exposed, from your ears down to your toes!
We have a medical team on-site during the event hours. If you need medical assistance please alert one of the many stewards who will be around on the day! However in an emergency always dial 999 first.