Markets & Events Operations Supervisor
To work as part of CJ's Events Warwickshire to supervise the set-up, operation and close down of weekly markets and additional markets and special events, with particular attention to operational, regulatory and health and safety issues.
- Under the direction of the Management Team to be responsible for the set up and take down operations of CJ's Events Warwickshire Markets' regular weekly markets including: Kenilworth Market, Mid Week Market, Warwick Market, Covent Garden Quarter Market, Seasonal Producers Markets, Leamington Autumn & Leamington Christmas Markets, Barton Marina Artisan Markets, Lichfield Producers Markets, and other markets or events when they occur.
- To be responsible for loading and unloading vehicles and trailers for upcoming markets and events, or clients services needs.
- To be responsible for driving work vehicles & trailers to and from markets and events.
- To regually provide needed maintenance to equipment, which can include cleaning and washing market stall canopies, skirts, back sheets, and on occasions painting frames.
- To work with our other Operations Supervisor to ensure workload is managed correctly.
- To provide details on operational matters to the Office.
- Other administrative procedures as directed by the Management Team.
Operational & Health & Safety
- To supervise the setting up of each market or event, ensuring that traders' equipment are fit for purpose and appropriately set up to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and procedures. Including an overall check of electricity use to ensure H&S compliance and the most efficient use of electricity market supply points. To appropriately record the checks made at each market or special event.
- To ensure that pitch/stalls and the area adjoining pitch/stalls is clean and tidy and free from obstruction before, after market hours, and to ensure that all Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
- To examine CJ's Events Warwickshire's stalls for overall condition, noting any damage, and report back to the Office.
- To assist with the organisation of special markets and events as directed by the Office.
- Such other reasonable duties may be determined by the Management Team or Office.
40 hours per week
Primary workdays are: Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Overtime is always available.
- 25 years of age or over (due to insurance)
- B+E Driving Licence
- Practical Problem-solving
- Time Management
- Good Communication skills (written and verbal) in order to communicate effectively with a range of different people.
- Administrative Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Numeric skills
- Customer Care
- Experience of dealing with people face to face and by telephone.
- Commitment to Markets operations
- Willing to be adaptable and flexible to meet changing service demands
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team Sense of responsibility and awareness of confidentiality
- Tolerant, co-operative and enthusiastic
- Proactive and a "can-do" approach to problem solving
- Able to respond positively under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Able to work in all weather conditions