To work as part of CJ's Events Warwickshire to supervise the set-up, operation and close down of weekly markets and additional markets and special events, with particular attention to operational, regulatory and health and safety issues.
- Under the direction of the Management Team to be responsible to manage monthly markets including; Solihull Producers Market (1st Friday of the month. March - December), Lichfield Producers' Market (1st Sunday of the month. January to December), Barton Marina Artisan Market (3rd Sunday of the month. January to November) & Covent Garden Quarter Market (4th Sunday of the month. January to September)
- To enforce compliance with CJ's Events Warwickshire Market Regulations by market traders and to effectively communicate relevant issues to the Office.
- To provide details on operational matters to the Office. Including taking attendance records, regularly measuring market pitches to ensure the appropriate pitch fee is charged and ensuring all monies collected are recorded and receipted in accordance with procedure.
- Other administrative procedures as directed by the Markets Officer.
Operational & Health & Safety
- To supervise the setting up of each market or event, ensuring that traders' equipment are fit for purpose and appropriately set up to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and procedures. Including an overall check of electricity use to ensure H&S compliance and the most efficient use of electricity market supply points. To appropriately record the checks made at each market or special event.
- To undertake a basic check to ensure that traders comply with Environmental Health Food Safety standards including the display of appropriate information. To check compliance with CJ's Events Warwickshire Premises Licence and maintain appropriate records. To report any issues or problems to the Office.
- Ensure that all market traders comply with CJ's Events Warwickshire Market Regulations. Where there are breaches of these conditions, to take immediate action if appropriate, in accordance with the regulations, and/or report back to the Office. To control unlicensed or unauthorised activity on the market (e.g. pedlars).
- On Market days, to liaise with the market traders and local businesses, to enhance and maintain a good relationship and to resolve any problems and/or misunderstandings when they arise. To report any issues or problems to Office.
- To ensure that no unauthorised vehicles are allowed access to the marketplace during market operating hours. To oversee the closing of the market and ensure all articles, equipment and vehicles are removed/replaced by the specified times including electrical pop-ups, collapsible bollards and barriers.
- To ensure that pitch/stalls and the area adjoining pitch/stalls is clean and tidy and free from obstruction before, during and after market hours, and to ensure that all Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
- To examine CJ's Events Warwickshire's stalls for overall condition, noting any damage, and report back to the Office.
- To assist with the organisation of special markets and events as directed by the Office.
- Such other reasonable duties may be determined by the Management Team or Office.
- Solihull Producers Market - 07:00hrs - 18:00hrs
- Lichfield Producers' Market - 07:00hrs - 18:00hrs
- Barton Marina Artisan Market - 08:00hrs - 17:00hrs
- Covent Garden Quarter Market - 08:00hrs - 17:00hrs
Overtime is always available during busy periods at Food Festivals & Special Events.
- Practical Problem-solving
- Time Management
- Good Communication skills (written and verbal) in order to communicate effectively with a range of different people.
- Administrative Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Numeric skills
- Customer Care
- Experience of dealing with people face to face and by telephone.
- Commitment to Markets operations
- Willing to be adaptable and flexible to meet changing service demands
- Customer focused
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team Sense of responsibility and awareness of confidentiality
- Tolerant, co-operative and enthusiastic
- Proactive and a "can-do" approach to problem-solving
- Able to respond positively under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Able to work in all weather conditions